The Macarthur FC Foundation Inc.’s key objectives are to coordinate and deliver community-based programs, assisting and targeting disadvantaged individuals and groups living in low-socio economic areas, using football as the catalyst for change.
The Foundation aims to assist those individuals, groups, and communities, in preventing, relieving, and alleviating the poverty and distress, including sickness, suffering, misfortune and helplessness.
The Macarthur FC Foundation Inc. aims to:
- Develop and establish health and wellbeing education programs to disadvantaged individuals, groups and communities that will contribute in preventing relieving and alleviating the elevated levels of sickness and poor health experienced in disadvantaged communities.
- Provide educational programs that care, support, and protect young people living in disadvantaged communities. These programs will provide and support young people to help them gain life skills and encourage them in contributing in Australian society to relieve their financial and social distress.
- Consult and work in conjunction with community advisory panels to determine other programs and assistance on which the Association will focus in connection with preventing, relieving and alleviating poverty and distress suffered by disadvantaged individuals, groups and communities living in low-socio economic areas.
- Establish education programs for individuals, groups and communities that focuses on the prevention, relief from and eradication of domestic violence.
- Work in conjunction with local domestic violence agencies and organisations to provide ongoing assistance to victims of domestic violence in disadvantaged communities
The Macarthur FC Foundation Inc. will work in conjunction with Macarthur Football Club to bring wider attention, through football, to the programs and work the foundation is providing in preventing, relieving and alleviating the poverty and distress suffered by disadvantaged individuals and groups living in low-socio economic areas and communities.